Carrot and Avocado Salad
Almost everyone knows that carrots are good for eyes, but did you know that they are also an excellent anti-cancer vegetable? Carrots contain falcarinol—a compound that has been shown to inhibit the development of cancer. Researchers found that rats that had pre-cancerous tumors and that were fed carrots were one third less likely to develop full-scale tumors than the animals in the control group. Also the avocados in this salad are a good source of anti-cancer nutrients such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and glutathione.
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Sunflower seeds, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine avocado and grated carrots in a medium salad bowl. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.